Heritage Meaford's mandate
The Mandate of Heritage Meaford is to promote within the Municipality of the Meaford the mandate of
the Architectural Conservancy of Ontario: "to preserve buildings and structures of architectural merit and places of natural beauty or interest".
- To promote the preservation of buildings of architectural and/or historic importance.
- To take an active interest in preserving landscapes of natural beauty and areas of ecological importance.
- To promote the preservation of the architectural integrity of our streetscapes
- To preserve and enhance the municipality's historic heritage by providing education, social and cultural programs
- To be an advocate in the preservation, restoration and revitalization of historic sites, buildings and landscapes deemed important to the character of the municipality
- To participate and contribute to Municipal initiatives concerning heritage issues
- To publish literature of interest about our organization and its objectives and on the community at large
- To apply for grants to support heritage activities within the Municipality of Meaford
- To participate in the activities of the Architectural Conservancy of Ontario and branches